Our client Ignitia was established in 2015. The headquarter is in Stockholm, Sweden. They have 2 offices in Africa. Ignitia’s main product is a weather forecasting model. The team provides critical weather data and forecasts to farmers and agribusinesses through various channels. Let me give some more ideas about the process. So first farmers subscribe to receive forecasts, then Ignita’s weather model develops localized forecasts based on GPS, These forecasts are delivered via SMS/Mobile app. Farmers decide when it is best to plant, fertilize, harvest and etc based on the forecasts. This help small-scale farmers have the ability to double yields and incomes and also reduce food insecurity.
- Deploy, configure and maintain our systems, consisting of a set of Python applications, databases (PostgreSQL, Redis), and REST/SOAP services (Flask, FastAPI).
- Analyzing customer needs to determine how our solutions can solve their problems,
- Communicating with our B2B customers, technical and sales teams regarding their technical requirements, issues, and complaints.
- Providing training to the sales team on how to use new software products and features
- Monitor the performance of our systems, look for any problems or bottlenecks, respond to system anomalies and malfunctions, and improve the systems robustness.
- Identify opportunities to improve the existing services and workflows in order to enhance the development experience and operations.
- Being available in case an important system breaks
- 3+ years of work experience in software industry
- Engineering mindset and great problem solving abilities
- Linux environment and shell/Python scripting
- In-depth understanding of the entire development process (architecture design, development, testing, deployment, implementation, and maintenance)
- Solid understanding of at least a few of these technologies: relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL), microservices, asynchronous task queues and message brokers (Celery, Redis, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with cloud-based systems and containerization (Docker)
Beneficial skills include knowledge of:
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems (Zabbix)
- Centralized logging systems like ELK, EFK, or similar
- Basic project management
- Become a member of an experienced, global team with a global vision
- Work hard, have fun culture
- Work schedule flexibility
- Sharpen the saw! Company sponsored training programs and continuing education
Interview Process Details
- HR director
- Tech lead
- Chief Product Officer
- Chief Science Officer