Sr. Data Engineer
Below is the Sr Data Engineer role, this customer may be active, may have delays, and not quick to close- basically, unreliable but keep saying they’re “urgent to close”.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and infrastructure using a variety of big data technologies, such as Apache Airflow, and Python.
- Work with data scientists and engineers to collect, process, and analyze data to support the bank’s business needs.
- Build and maintain data models that accurately represent the bank’s data.
- Implement data governance and security best practices to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the bank’s data.
- Collaborate with other teams across the bank to deliver data-driven solutions.
- Create data-related solution designs, supported by our data architects
- Liaise with all required stakeholders to ensure Features and Epics are clear.
- Highlight the required software and deliver the rationale for the selection
- · Raise all required new data solutions and catalog entries to the relevant EA and prepare content for approval of at the relevant governance forum.
- · Create data solution analysis content discussing the rationale for the selection of a given piece of technology.
- Contribute to and create reusable pattern and template documents.
- Experience with Airflow and other data engineering workflow management tools
- Experience with Python, Scala, or Java.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or other container services
- Specific domain knowledge of blocks of Financial Services capabilities (for example, Banking Products, Risk, Compliance, Customer Service, Finance, Treasury, Channel Applications, etc.) and their impacts on data architecture.
- Demonstrable experience in creating valuable solutions in a large-scale enterprise-class business and experience in dealing with C-suite decision-makers.
- Particular experience in building Cloud-based solutions in any delivery method (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) is a significant benefit.
- Experience in building and utilizing data-related systems and capabilities is essential. Exposure to RDBMS and NoSQL structured data services, data quality, master data management, test data management, MI, and BI solutions are essential.
- At least 4 years experience in IT or a related Engineering Role
There will be no fringe benefits for the candidates who will work as a freelancer.
Interview Process Details
- HR Intro – 30 min with Gülseren Şahinbaş
- Technical Interview – 60 min (TBD)
- Cultural fit – 30 min (TBD)